Buz King and King Kong Kases...

Talk About What "The Other Guys" are Making or Using
drumandstage

Buz King and King Kong Kases...

Post by drumandstage » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:41 pm

25 years ago, I ordered my first King Kong Kase! It's still alive and well with a good friend in Albany. About that same time, Buz King was still the Sonor Product Manager with HSS and we developed a friendship that continues to this day. Great guy, and great products. I am glad to have been able to work one of his fine cases into the fold of my current rig!

He is a class act, and I have enjoyed meeting him several times when I went up for cases and cymbals. It's sad that he is so far removed from Sonor at the design/distribution level, but he still has a heart for Sonor.

For those who remember those cases built for the 8X14 behemoth Sonor snare drums, they were King Kong...and you can still order them any way you want them. Buz reports that his case business is the busiest it has ever been. I certainly appreciate the fact that despite the boom in production, Buz took the time to work up a design for a one off microphone case. I look forward to getting it built and delivered.
Last edited by drumandstage on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Kong Kases
Xcel Drumsticks
Randall May International
Sabian Cymbals
Ludwig Drums

Blackpages

Re: Buz King and King Kong Kases...

Post by Blackpages » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Total agreement. I have 3 King Kong cases for my HLDs. Pricy, but bomb proof construction. Highly recommended!

drumandstage

Post by drumandstage » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:50 pm

He didn't waste time! This bad boy shipped today! Plenty of space for all the mics this drummer may need, plus all the accessories I don't want to put in a drum hardware bag.

Hoping for delivery by Friday.
Attachments
King.jpg
King Kong Kases
Xcel Drumsticks
Sabian Cymbals
Ludwig Drums

RevPoindexter
antispam: No

Post by RevPoindexter » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:00 am

Kind of OT, several months ago at the Homestead resort, where I’ve been gigging a lot, a show band was set up to play in our place in the dining room for a special event. We played the first 90 minutes until they started.
The kit was a beautiful white sparkle Designer 24, 12, 14 & 16 floors, 5x14 matching snare. With a full set of Protec hardware. Obviously this kit was owned buy a hard core Sonor Geek, I thought. When we ended our set I asked who and where the drummer was - it was none other than Buz King. :D
The Honorable Rev. Poindexter

Not a Speck of Cereal. Tax And License Not Included, Your Mileage May Vary...

Those Without a Sense of Humor Need Not Apply...

drumandstage

Post by drumandstage » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:44 pm

RevPoindexter wrote:Kind of OT, several months ago at the Homestead resort, where I’ve been gigging a lot, a show band was set up to play in our place in the dining room for a special event. We played the first 90 minutes until they started.
The kit was a beautiful white sparkle Designer 24, 12, 14 & 16 floors, 5x14 matching snare. With a full set of Protec hardware. Obviously this kit was owned buy a hard core Sonor Geek, I thought. When we ended our set I asked who and where the drummer was - it was none other than Buz King. :D
Buz has and appreciates vintage gear built by other companies, as well. But even after over 20 years of separation from HSS he still has an affinity for Sonor.

BTW: The cases shipped with the Sabian Paragon sets (Neil Peart) are built by King Kong Kases, as well.
King Kong Kases
Xcel Drumsticks
Sabian Cymbals
Ludwig Drums