It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:13 am

Post subject: Lead time frustration (Ludwig)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:55 pm 

When I was a Sonor dealer, lead times on Designers could run in the double digits in months. It was what you were signing on for. Sometimes there was a nice surprise and the drums washed up on the shore a little ahead of schedule, sometimes way ahead of schedule.

I am currently a very happy Ludwig owner and while I went with a set up that was not the same thing I have been doing for 18 years (give or take) I have gravitated back to the one up two down set-up which has become particularly comfortable for me over the years. It seems as popular as ever these days, as well, not that that is a factor.

I ordered my 18" floor tom on August 28th. This is an add on item that would generally be considered standard production-or at least a cataloged item. My original ETA was end of month in October, and then November 13th and now end of November.

I'd have greatly preferred a worst case scenario ETA, and potentially had a pleasant surprise. So far, I am just getting pushed out further and further and getting the least little bit put out. Honestly, if I didn't love these drums so much, I'd have them for sale by now.

Just for the sale of asking (not ready to switch back yet) what is Sonor's lead time looking like these days? Hopefully not too much longer than a factory that is in a state adjoin mine!

Zildjian: A Series Sweet Set 15/18/20/23
Trick: Pro 1-V Bigfoot

Post subject: Re: Lead time frustration (Ludwig)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:03 pm 

And as of today, we are pushed out again until mid-December with no explanation.

I am about as pissed off as I get over things that I can't control and that aren't life threatening. Pretty damned aggravated, though.

Post subject: Re: Lead time frustration (Ludwig)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:44 pm 

Last week there was a break through! The drum was set to ship Friday with an ETA to me in time for the weekend. Planned to set up at a friend's studio, get everything dialed in, mic'd up and have at it!

As of today, no drum until December 19th. I'd sure like to know what happened to the drum they had ready for me last week.

Maybe it's time to give Gretsch a shot at my business!